CALIFORNIA PEACE OFFICERS’ MEMORIAL FOUNDATION
JOHN F. DUFFY SCHOLARSHIP/GRANT PROGRAM
Dependents of California peace officers who have died in the line of duty are eligible to receive annual scholarships from the California Peace Officers’ Memorial Foundation.
Donations from member law enforcement associations and corporate sponsors fund the John F. Duffy Scholarship program. Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis. All dependents of California peace officers that have died in the line of duty, regardless of how long ago, are eligible. Approval of applications will not be based upon sex, age, race, creed, national origin, or religious preference, or restricted based upon the applicants’ field of endeavor. The criteria to be used in granting scholarships may include; academic achievement, financial need, school activities, and community service.
- Scholarship recipients must be a survivor of a peace officer killed in the line of duty and enrolled on the California Peace Officers’ Memorial Monument. Eligible survivors are:
- Adopted children
- Students must be enrolled in, at a minimum, the fall semester of the forthcoming school year.
- Students must carry a minimum of six (6) units per quarter or eight (8) units per semester.
- Students must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- Past CPOMF scholarship recipients must provide sealed copies of their most recent transcripts.
- Scholarship funds shall be spent for educational needs and recipients shall return a signed ‘Acceptance of Terms and Conditions statement to CPOMF upon receipt of funds.
- Individuals may receive a maximum of six (6) scholarship awards.
SCHOLARSHIP CATEGORIES AND CORRESPONDING ANNUAL AWARDS
- Accredited Trade Schools – up to $2000
- Accredited Two (2) year college – up to $3000
- Accredited Four (4) year college – up to $4000
- Accredited Graduate Programs – up to $2500
- Completed/signed application form submitted electronically or mailed receipt-signature-required (i.e., certified mail, FedEx, etc.).
- Proof of enrollment mailed receipt-signature-required.
- Most recent transcripts (if applicable) mailed receipt-signature-required.
APPLICATION – JUNE 1
Applications must be submitted electronically by JUNE 1 of each year – or – mailed receipt-signature-required postmarked by JUNE 1 of each year.
PROOF OF ENROLLMENT – September 15
Transcripts and proof of enrollment should be mailed receipt-signature-required as soon as available, but must be postmarked no later than SEPTEMBER 15.
Funds will be issued only after all required documentation is received and approved.
The scholarship deadline has passed. We will begin accepting applications for 2018-2019 on January 1, 2018.
CPOMF Scholarship Committee
1700 I Street, Suite 100
Sacramento CA 95811
PLEASE RETAIN A COPY OF YOUR APPLICATION FOR YOUR RECORDS.
If you are awarded a CPOMF scholarship, your name and photo may be posted on the CPOMF website.