SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM PROCEDURES
The CPOMF Scholarship Program has been established to assist survivors of California peace officers killed in the line of duty and enrolled on the California Peace Officers’ Memorial Monument in Sacramento by offering a scholarship program to help them reach their educational goals.
1. AWARD PREREQUISITES
- Scholarship applicants must be a survivor of a California peace officer killed in the line of duty and enrolled on the California Peace Officers’ Memorial Monument in Sacramento. Eligible survivors of a California peace officer are their:
- Adopted children
- Recipients must be enrolled in an accredited trade school, college, or graduate program for the semester/quarter/term for which they are applying, at a minimum.
- Recipients must carry a minimum of six (6) units per semester or eight (8) units per quarter.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- Past CPOMF scholarship recipients must provide copies of their most recent transcripts.
- Recipients shall return a signed Acceptance of Terms and Conditions statement to CPOMF prior to receipt of funds.
- Scholarship funds shall be used for educational expenses, including: (i) the payment of tuition and other related registration fees to the institution at which the recipient is or will be enrolled as a student on no less than a half-time basis; (ii) the purchase of books, a computer, computer programs, and incidentals for the courses the recipient is taking at that institution; (iii) living expenses (e.g., room, board, meals, transportation) directly related to the recipient’s attendance of courses at that institution; and (iv) other expenses directly related to the recipient’s attendance at that institution.
- Scholarship funds must be used in the calendar year for which they were approved. Any unused portion of the scholarship funds shall be returned to the CPOMF.
- Individuals may receive a maximum of six (6) scholarship awards.
II. SCHOLARSHIP CATEGORIES AND CORRESPONDING ANNUAL AWARDS
- Accredited Trade Schools – up to $5000 per year.
- Accredited Two (2) year college – up to $5000 per year.
- Accredited Four (4) year college – up to $5000 per year.
- Accredited Graduate Programs – up to $5000 per year.
III. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Completed application form(s) shall be submitted electronically.
- Recipients must provide proof of enrollment mailed receipt-signature-required or emailed to email@example.com. The proof of enrollment requirement is fulfilled by providing the student’s class schedule which must include the student’s name, name of school, units carried, and term.
- Past CPOMF recipients must provide copies of their most recent transcripts emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
IV. SELECTION CRITERIA
- Recipients must be dependents of California peace officers that have died in the line of duty, regardless of how long ago, and enrolled on the California Peace Officers’ Memorial Monument in Sacramento.
- Academic achievement, financial need, school activities, and community service may be considered in the selection process.
- Approval of applications will not be based upon sex, age, race, creed, national origin, or religious preference or restricted based upon the applicants’ field of endeavor.
V. IMPORTANT DEADLINES
APPLICATION PERIOD – June 1 to September 1, annually. Applications must be submitted electronically beginning June 1 through September 1 of each year.
PROOF OF ENROLLMENT – By September 15. Proof of enrollment and transcripts (if applicable) should be e-mailed to email@example.com as soon as available but no later than September 15.
Funds will be issued only after all required documentation, Proof of Enrollment, and signed Acceptance of Terms and Conditions have been received and approved.
PLEASE RETAIN COPIES FOR YOUR RECORDS.
Click here to complete the online application.